Moving to a new country always comes with paperwork, and Fujairah is no different.
When setting up here, you’ll need to familiarise yourself with lease agreements, utility contracts, terms of employment and much more. If you wish to drive while you’re out here, you’ll also need a UAE driving license.
The good news, however, is that for expatriates from certain countries, there is no need to make a new application and take a test. In many cases, you can simply apply to have the license from your home country converted for use in the UAE.
As with any official paperwork, especially in a new country, it can appear complicated at first glance. And if you intend to make applications on your own, it certainly can be.
However, when you work with a local expert, the process can be simple and often completed the same day.
Business Incorporation Zone (BIZ) provides a driving license conversion service that makes the whole process easy. Keep reading for a more in-depth explanation of the process and the costs involved.
Who needs a UAE driving license?
The short answer is anyone who intends to drive long-term in the UAE. However, depending on where you are from, this can mean different things.
Citizens of exempt countries can apply to convert their existing foreign driving license. Nationals of countries not on this list may need to make a full application and take a driving test inside the UAE.
Licenses that can be converted include those issued in the GCC along with those issued in:
- United Kingdom
- And more.
How to convert your driving license
Converting your driving license is simple. You can either make your application directly with the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in the relevant emirate or work with a local agent. Local agents can manage the whole process for you, ensuring an accurate and timely service.
Documents required for converting your driving license
All you need to do is supply your agent with the following:
- NOC for Driving License Conversion – Issued by your free zone
- Original Emirates ID
- Current Driving License Card
- Arabic legal translation of the current driving license card
- Four Passport Size Photos
As part of the process, you will also be required to undertake an eye test which must be certified by the medical authority in your emirate.
Things to remember when converting your driving license
If you are applying for a driving license conversion in Fujairah with BIZ, there are a few additional points to consider:
- You will be required to make a one-time journey to Fujairah Traffic Department for the conversion formalities. A BIZ Concierge will arrange your appointment.
- Legal translation included in the package is from English to Arabic translation only. Additional cost will be charged for licenses in a language other than English.
- Some applicants who convert driving licenses through Fujairah Traffic Department will be required to surrender the original driving license from their home country before receiving the UAE driving license. This is applicable for the following countries: Netherlands, Poland, Austria, Romania, Portugal, Luxemburg, and Slovakia. Fujairah Traffic Department will send this to the issuing authority in your home country for you to retrieve.
- You can transfer your driver’s license only if your passport and driver’s license is issued from the same country. (e.g. UK National and UK Driver’s License)
Cost of driving license conversion
The cost of converting your driving license will depend on the emirate you are in, and the level of service you require. As well as straightforward license conversions, BIZ also offers:
- Driving License Transfer
- Car Registration (Renew)
- Car Registration (Amend)
- Car Registration (Duplicate)
- Car Registration (Cancellation)
- NOC for D/L
- NOC for D/L or other
Fees for a standard license conversion start in the region of AED 1,000. For a personal quote, get in touch with BIZ and give us a brief outline of your requirements.
We can also assist with visas, business licenses, and a range of other document attestation services, including:
- Birth certificates
- Marriage certificates
- Divorce paperwork
- Medical reports
- Employment contracts
- Passport copies
- Contracts and trade agreements
- Commercial licenses
- Commercial contracts and agreements
- Company memorandum of association
- Registration of a new product
- Registration of a trademark
Benefits of using BIZ driving license conversion services
When you work with BIZ, not only do you save time, you also gain expertise. You can relax, safe in the knowledge that your documents will be in order your license will be converted in a timely and professional manner.
As well as driving license conversion, we can also assist with the authentication of almost all official documents that may be required when living and working in the UAE, including residence visas.
And that’s not all. BIZ is also a one-stop-shop for all things relating to company setup.
We are a team of company registration professionals who are passionate about bringing the dreams of aspiring entrepreneurs and SMEs to life.
As well as handling your license application, BIZ can also assist with the opening of corporate bank accounts and advise on the most appropriate financial institution to suit your specific needs.
We also offer a range of immigration services and can handle all government formalities, permissions, work permits and applications that are required to trade in the UAE.
In short, our experts can establish your company on your behalf, make your license and visa applications, and take care of document conversion and attestation – leaving you free to get on with settling into your new life in the UAE.
Visit our website to find out more about BIZ — businessincorporationzone.ae.
Or to see how we can support you with our driving license conversion service, fill out this simple contact form to request a quote: https://businessincorporationzone.ae/value-added-services/